Pagina's

Saturday, April 17, 2010

ALBUMREVIEW : THE BEAUTY OF GEMINA - AT THE END OF THE SEA


Did I told you today that I wanted to hear some more dark music?
I did, yes I did and it's like it was supposed to happen but what reaches my ears now is the 3rd album by a Swiss band named The Beauty Of Gemina.
Don't ask me why these workaholics (how else would you describe a band who has released 3 albums in 4 years then?) are so underrated but this is brilliant.
Totally my type of music as it's some dark gothicwavething that can be compared (well if you must to) with Clan Of Xymox (listen to "Kings men come" and it's clear they like Xymox), Ikon, Garden Of Delight or even if that's all a bit too obscure for you, gothrock from the 80's (but no, they're not a Sisters Of Mercy-copy!).
That's in fact the beauty of this band, it's clear that they're influenced by the 80's icons but they do something new with it and it works... cos in all honesty...I am a big gothfan but we all know how flat a band can go on their face if they try anything new with the gothsound.
Dark melodic songs in where Michael Sele is the leader, discover this if you're into dark music.
A tip and one of the discoveries of 2010 over here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment