Pagina's

Monday, March 29, 2010

UNKNOWN PLEASURES : COTTON CLUB


The hidden treasure of today is Cotton Club!
No, I'm not talking about that dreadful movie by Francis Ford Coppola and why would I start talking about him on my blog? This is a music blog and music they certainly are!
Cotton Club are from Lille and they play psychedelic 60's rock with a new touch. They can be best compared with Spacemen 3 and seeing that they recently toured with Spectrum (the outfit from Sonic Boom) makes me pull out all my hair that is left for missing that!
These French psychorockers recently released their mini-album "Between drones and daisies" and six songs long you're in some psychedelic area.
Fat guitarloops and a voice that could be Lou Reed's one (in the 60's that is!). A tip!
http://www.myspace.com/lecottonclub

No comments:

Post a Comment