Pagina's

Thursday, March 11, 2010

TODAY.......


How do you feel when you play some ska-reggae by Laurel Aitken? Pretty well, I guess... Were some Peel Sessions from the man and if you think about it, how influential Peelie was. Is there one musiclover around who doesn't hug him? I think not...
I had the same feelings about Rough Trade Shop this morning. You see, I decided to put on one of their compilations, the one that featured their rock 'n rollsingles. It's not that I wanna bore you with my love for Rocket From The Crypt or The Make Up, but just about the magic this shop has. In fact there are two now... One is of course the traditional one at Talbot Road but at Brick Lane there's a second one. Couldn't believe my eyes when I got there as it's like entering some souvenirshop, there's even a photomachine where you can make your picture with the famous Rough Trade-logo.
If you wander through the racks of cds it makes old gits like me a bit sad as automatically there's a sort of film in front of my eyes that features all my beloved recordshops which are gone now...from London to Gent.
But I told you I was happy and that's mainly caused by the nice feelings I had with the concert by At The Close Of Every Day and the brilliant sounds from Scandinavian nuts Bondage Fairies (see photo) as their stuff is like the perfect mix from some Alec Empire (the coolest German ever I suppose) and Bis.
Also a bit of little Gainsbourgday...from Charlotte to Serge...from "IRM" to "Vu de l'exterieur"...also some Isabelle A too. Who's she you say? Well, that's...how to say...my weak point, the artist you have to be ashamed of...or at least that's what you supposed to be are...and I don'tgive a f*** about being cool, being uncool...I decided today that she's the Belgian Charlotte Gainsbourg. Well, it's a decision I already made ten years ago...or fifteen....
Anyway; listen to some Bondage Fairies....

No comments:

Post a Comment