Pagina's

Monday, March 8, 2010

TODAY.......


Something new I wanna add on this blog is "today"......
What is today? Well, it is what today is I guess.
Honestly said I was a bit inspired by Everett True's blog as he always come up with a song of the day, I wanted to do the same (after reading his of course...) but you can't copy it, of course you can't.
Dunno how long I will do this...till I'm bored of it, I guess.
Well, today was the day of Lonelady I assume. Heard the CD over and over as I was seriously thinking about going to her concert at the end of March in Brussels.
The endresult was a "yes" so I guess she might be good.
In case you don't know who she is, then just scroll down some lines to read about her and if not (I know then you have to scroll up back to the top and I hate that too....), she's the newest wünderkind from both Manchester and Warp.
The more you hear her debut "Nerve Up", the more you'll like it, the more I forget she's sounding like Sinead O'Connor, the more I hear genius tunes like "Marble".
And no, I usually don't give a f*** about Warp-releases so there you go!!!!
Also heard for the 145213th time (that's a lie, it's actually the 30th time) Delphic and yes, they're the New Order of 2010 and I saw with my own eyes that they matter.
Soap & Skin, our liebling from Austria, also got to my ears this evening and the concerttickets for her Brussels-show are on the table....
Did someone actually remember Moose? Moose were shoegazekings who scored minor hits with "Jack" and "Suzanne"...I guess they have some die hard fans as I found out today that a London-mate of mine saw them 18 times... Anyway, I choose today for their "Highball Me"-album which must be the most underrated Moose-album ever and they are already so underrated....
What else was on today? Ooooh, Rise And Fall Of A Decade. Well, today it's 8th March which is like Valentine's Day for Eastern Europe and I met my wife through Rise And Fall Of A Decade (French dark artwave....artwave?, yes....artwave!) so....
Ooooh I heard some other records too, today, but Lonelady is the band of today...and now I have to go to bed as tomorrow I must be among the crowd that will visit the concert by Megafaun. Who are Megafaun you say? You read that the forthcoming days....

No comments:

Post a Comment