Pagina's

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TODAY.......

At the beginning of this year which is already more than two months ago I made a pact with myself, hearing every day an album by The Fall.
No, the pact has been unsuccesfull but still I think I heard them, along with The Chameleons, most this year.
Talking about The Chameleons, they'll play in Germany...so Mark if you read this, I guess you don't, come to Belgium to...
It's difficult to say why but the admiration for Mark E. Smith certainly must be the main part of it. Don't ask me why but I'm the kind of guy who needs heroes. The fact that I choose Mark for being my hero says enough but today was all about heroes...
Courtney Love... When I woke up the first thing I saw was that Hole will be playing in Brussels.
Okay as some said, it's absolutely unfair to say Hole as Courtney is the only remaining member but how many times did Mark E. Smith changed his line up?
Mark is The Fall, and despite my love for someone like Melissa Auf Der Maur, for me Courtney is Hole. Anyway, first thing I thought was : "I must see that show!!!" but the ticketsale only starts this Friday and I already can imagine how hard it'll be to obtain my ticket.
What did I else? Enjoying the voice from Charlotte Gainsbourg, rediscovering Spacemen 3 and deciding that The Tears (Brett Anderson's band after Suede along with Bernard Butler) deserved so much more and now I'm considering if I'll go to see At The Close Of Every Day today in concert or not...
God, Mark sings now "Green Eyed Loco Man"...if someone can write a tune like that then he's a genius. Mark'll sink us, but a genius he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment