Pagina's

Friday, March 12, 2010

TODAY.......

Well, well reviewing the day when "The player" by Daan is on. Do you know Daan? Of course if you're from Belgium that's one of the dumbest questions ever as he's a superstar but outside he's hardly known. I always thought it was a strange thing to see him being that famous as for me he always sounded a bit like Fad Gadget. Brilliant performer too....
But I don't wanna talk about Daan today, even if I did, but about some quote I thought a lot about today.
It's from, who else?, Everett True who stated today that snobism makes music interesting and I like that....
I like and hate snobism at the same time. Having a miserable life (whatever that might be), it's kind of genius to overwhelm your friends with unknown bands and at the same time, as Everett states, it's so the musicscene grows to something interesting.
The backlash of course is like Morrissey describes so clear in his song "We hate it when our friends become succesfull".
From the moment these tiny bands score to win some audience, even it is a minor hit, that same public who adored them are dragging them down. I am sure that if you look deeply into your hearts you can come up with tons of examples.
But that's also what I like so much hypes. I know if you read this all you might think that I lick the ass of Everett True. I do not, I am even pretty sure he doesn't read this....
The problem is that I miss the enthusiasm from current journalists who see music like bloody maths... Who wants to read such reviews? Create hypes, create snobbery...and before you click onto some other site, something like jazz...that's snobism.
No, I do not hate jazz (absolutely not) but 99.99% of their fans makes me puke as they see music like some science. If you see music like that, leave it alone please...and that's also why I hate so much the post-rockscene. Hence the word "scene", I haven't said "music".
Something else today? Yes, I obtained my tickets for Hole today whom I declared today on Facebook as the best band of the 90's and I might differ my opinion tomorrow but they still be like the second best band of the 90's.
Oh and tomorrow I'll see some real legendary stuff...The Neon Judgement...
And now I'll listen to Charlotte Gainsbourg and I'll go to sleep....

1 comment: