Pagina's

Monday, July 12, 2010

ALBUMS YOU HAVE TO HEAR BEFORE YOU DIE : BLACK SABBATH - HEAVEN AND HELL


Some people discover heavy metalalbums in their teens, I guess I’m one of those who will discover Saxon when he’s 70 I guess (to avoid reactions, just wrote it down as it sounds nicer as “Denim and Leather” was one of the first albums I actually bought).
Might have something to do with the recent death of Ronnie James Dio who knows but “Heaven And Hell” is one of the darkest hardrockalbums I know, just listen to “Wishing well” or the choral extravaganza in the titlesong “Heaven and Hell” and you know enough.
It might remind you of some Harley’s and tattoos that’s true but it will also remind you of something dark, a sort of motherrecord for many things to come…
Cynically enough this 9th Black Sabbath was welcomed as an absolute failure as it was the first album that welcomed Dio after Ozzy Osbourne got fired… A classic!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to 'Wishing Well,' I've had the discography on my computer for ages, but haven't been inclined to listen. Well, it's great.

    ReplyDelete