Pagina's

Friday, February 26, 2010

THOUGHTS...

Today it'll be two months since I decided to restart The Original Sin. In all honesty, I am quite flattered with the positive mails en encouragements I got.
Am I satisfied myself? Partly, as a full satisfied man can better stop living.
But joking aside, I feel the need to make The Original Sin a bit more vivid as the worst thing that can happen is falling into routine. Routine can be found at your daily work but in a blog like this you have to be entertained....
I am trying to avoid to bring up a list from 500 albumreviews and 500 concertreviews.
Believe me, you'll find them but there will be much more things to come...and the bands will always be in the centre, why else would I have start this zine for, anyway?
After two months I wanna thank everybody who helped to spread the word and of course all the bands that got involved. Ending the first chapter (there was never a first chapter but it sounds good, not?) it was perfect to have Jyoti from White Town as our guest.
The Original Sin will change a bit in the future though....
The first "invention" is called "thoughts". Those who knew TOS as a paperzine will surely remember the first intro-page in where I was regarding something...going from the thoughts about being veggie till Bush bombing Iracq till the latest Manic Street Preachers...a bit of everything. That intropage will come back, but as you can't have an intropage on a blog it'd be called "Thoughts".
Secondly there will be more posts, so in other words more readings... Perhaps it might be arrogant to think (to hope?) but I want The Original Sin to be your daily music paper, I mean I'm hoping you'll be peeping every day to see what's hot and what's not....
There will be more articles, perhaps some more lousy talk who knows, about what I wanna be heard : yes, in England they call that hyping....
I kind of hope that finally some Belgian bands do react to my mails as well. Some accuse me of being an anglophiliac (which I'm not) but the naked truth is that I got 2 reactions from Belgian bands (The Last Ordinary Seaman, Falling Man) where as all the British and American ones responded immediately, not even one around who didn't react...if this is a musicfanzine written by a Belgian without Belgian bands then all I can say is : so be it...but if you're still interested you know where I live.
If you wanna know how I promote this blog then I guess I'm some kind of whore (a cheap one, mind you) who is trying to get some readers throughout the Facebook-system and after two months, I saw it worked. Even Freddie Mercury thought the show must go on, so there you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment