Pagina's

Sunday, February 7, 2010

INTERVIEW WITH CLASS ACTRESS


Don’t the kids just don’t love it, you think? Yes, as long as they’re dancing and as long as there is music like Class Actress around you’ll find them on the dancefloor.
Whether reading all this blah blah blah you should be heading to their My Space-site and hearing what you miss as Class Actress are oh so perfect.
Perfect pop, just imagine what would have happened if Madonna was inspired by Tubeway Army and I’m confident she came up with something that sounds like Class Actress.
They might not know it, maybe they’ll do, but if it’s like you’re listening to the coldwave synthsounds from Snowy Red.
Bring back real pop in the charts, bring back…you’ll see I’m in love and if you’re in love then you can’t shut up I guess.
Anyway, Elizabeth was so nice to have a chat with us before she’ll be the big superstars she deserves to be…

HELLO, PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES AND HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR MUSIC THEN?
We are Class Actress, we make retro synthpop!

I HEARD A LOT OF 80’S INFLUENCES, AND THEN ESPECIALLY THE SYNTHSOUND…IT WAS LIKE THEY CAME STRAIGHT OUT OF OLD GARY NUMAN-RECORDS…..
Why thank you! I love Gary Numan. What a babe in those early videos. Definitely my type.

SO HELLO NUMANOID!!!!!
I KNOW VERY WELL THAT YOUR MUSIC IS ALTERNATIVE, BUT IN MY WORLD IT IS POP…AND EVEN THE SORT OF MUSIC THAT SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE CHARTS……
Yes I agree, in my mind its Pop music too.

AND EVEN IF IT’S KIND OF POPPY, MIND YOU, IT CAN BE, I THINK IT HAS A DARK UNDERTONE AS WELL…..
Well, I think that’s where the 80s influence comes in, that was the last time when dance music was laced with real emotion, and romance, like Depeche Mode, Human League, Yaz.. We’re making love songs and love songs are about sex and aggressive and all sorts of dark emotions. Love and pain, they can often be two sides of the same coin.

YOU’RE FROM BROOKLYN, NOT THAT I EVER BEEN THERE BUT I GUESS IT MUST BE AN OVERCROWDED SCENE FROM UNSIGNED BANDS, NOT?
Yes there are a lot of bands, but a lot of them are doing well.

IN FACT, I DUNNO, ARE CLASS ACTRESS UNSIGNED OR NOT?
Our EP is coming out on Tuesday Feb. 9th on Chris Taylor from Grizzly Bear’s new label called Terrible Records.

WHY THE NAME…..????
Well I like the double SS’s in both words and I think it suits the music and my personally.
I mean I basically channel my own personal drama into song writing and I use my romantic life as a distraction, you could say I live in my own soap opera. It’s a way to laugh at the misery and have fun with it.


I UNDERSTOOD YOU’LL BE GIGGING IN LONDON, IS IT JUST THERE OR IS THERE SOME EUROPEAN TOUR IN THE PIPELINE, ELIZABETH?
Yes we will be in London and Europe late spring. Details to be announced.

DON’T FORGET BELGIUM THEN PLEASE……
HOW DIFFICULT IT MIGHT BE TO ANSWER, DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A PART OF THE DANCESCENE OR NOT?
Yes of course, why not, I think we’re a part of a lot of scenes. We make dance music, but for the more the more sensitive souls I guess.


HOW STUPID IT MAY SOUND, WHAT ARE YOUR MOMENTS OF “FAME” YET AND WHAT ARE THE GOALS IN THE FUTURE?
We have some serious fans who bring me lovely gifts and come to all the shows. What we be without our fans I love them. I remember being a fan of a certain band when I was younger, and it brought passion and comfort into my life. So if our music is making people get excited I am grateful.
In the future, nice hotel suites, and expensive champagne on my rider, but you know I could go on and on about that.

LAST QUESTIONS ARE QUESTIONS I ALWAYS ASK, I CALL IT THE TRADITIONAL ORIGINAL SIN-QUESTIONS…
WHAT’S YOUR FAVE RECORD OF ALL TIME AND WHY?
Hmmm, how can I answer that? I think Madonna’s first record.

WITH WHO WOULDN’T YOU MIND BEING STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR FOR 8 HOURS AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN?
Madonna, she could teach me a lot I think. Or the Dali Lama. Both of them I would just listen and maybe do some breathing and laughing. Oh wait maybe Larry David he’s make me laugh and the time would fly by, cause the idea of being stuck in an elevator with anyone doesn’t really appeal to me.

DO YOU WANT TO SAY SOMETHING SPECIAL TO OUR READERS?
Just thank you for reading, and to come on down to the shows and say hello!

http://www.myspace.com/elizabethharper

No comments:

Post a Comment